<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.makeyourselfuncomfortable.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
make yourself uncomfortable: Our barely-literate Man in Phuket writes...

Sunday 6 July 2014

Our barely-literate Man in Phuket writes...



 so i got asked what cultural stuff i been doing in thailand... think i went past a temple the other day... or it may have been the Novotel…other than that, it's been shrugging off the ping pong show touts mainly who act like there actually may be a ping pong show going on somewhere… it's that one where ping pong balls get fired from a lady's doodah rather than just watching a game of Table Tennis. Because as a form of drunken transgressional entertainment, watching people playing ping pong just doesn't cut the mustard...

and for days I kept saying no, no, no, no thank you. finally I said "oh, huh, ok then" to some tout, lured in by the offer of a free show all evening so long as I buy a minimum of 1 drink ... so I go in and there's an empty stage with all these bored looking girls with numbers on, and all suddenly springs into life with the arrival of their first customer ... so I order a Beer Chang and they tell me it's 2000 Baht (about 40 quid!) so I laugh & say no way ... they say "hey hey! no problem! floor show start now.. ok!"



a semi-obese woman in her mid to late fifties hobbles asthmatically up onto the stage, hitches up her skirts, grunts and then shits out a dazed-looking goldfish, which plops into its waiting bowl in a clearly traumatized state... entertainment for the dangerously psychotic, perhaps, but not the ping pong show as advertised. the one with the ping pong balls.. anyway.. so i go to leave... one or two of them say "why you go now? is coca cola show next" ... i thought- shit- if it's the same coca cola routine they were touting 12 years ago- and if its the same woman as the goldfish routine then i simply do not wish to see her humiliating herself on a cheap conjuring trick, just for an audience of one- 

FUCKING ME, WIV ME FORTY QUID CAN OF LAGER

the coca cola bottle trick is hardly up to the standard of a david blaine illusion, I grant you, excepting the fact they're both performed by cunts.

it's one of those tricks that's kinda novel due to the unexpected use of a common or garden object- in this case, the lady bits, juxtaposed with something that you wouldn't normally expect to appear coming out of a doodah (e.g flags of the world, a caricature of amy winehouse, the last remaining shreds of dignity); in this case, it's a jet of what looks exactly like coca cola being squirted into an empty coke bottle with not one drip dropped...maybe; the coca cola bottle trick is a bit like a soda stream, except a fair bit ruder (taste-wise they're probably about evens) ...

so i figure i gotta get the fuck out cos it’s crap.. and the original tout tries to grab me, saying I owe for beer ... he (or it might be she, tbh) says I opened the beer and now I gotta pay and yadda yadda yadda. the beer wasn't opened (nor had it been chilled either) I run like the wind, children, if the wind had had about 5 pints and a couple of tequilas... and for about 400 metres i have this tout still grabbing onto my T-shirt until I manage to get away…


the moral of the story is - avoid "Money Night" in Patong. ... 

in fact, why not save the money you would have wasted in a hole like Money Night by simply buying some ping pong balls (or stealing some) so you can have your very own "ping pong show a go-go" in the comfort of your own home. or somewhere else. 

YOU WILL NEED: 
(1) a set of ping pong balls; 
(2) a vagina (or easy access to one); 
(3) the ability to queef on demand and in a controlled and safe manner (this is so you don't accidently pop someone's eyeball with a dart when you've graduated to balloon bursting); 
(4) Practice! Practice! Practice! 

... and when you're ready, invite friends*, family*- everybody* in to witness the poetry of ping pong a go-go 


*OVER 18s ONLY. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY


----

This blog is migrating to

 

makeyourselfuncomfortable.net

 

I will no longer update this blogspot site- all the new material (and I have a backlog of funny for you so urgent I might well burst) will only be at the new site, above.

 

I will be categorising posts as pages so it's more web-sitey with material easier to access for you, dear reader.

If you are enjoying my writing, please join me on the more flexible wordpress platform over there.

 

And if you're not enjoying it? 

 

Well, diddums.

 

It's not like I forced you to read this shit, is it?

 

1 Comments:

At 6 July 2014 at 16:01 , Blogger Ron Gridcharts said...

I wrote it when I was ahem "tired and emotional" in Patong last June. I was thinking about rewriting it but thought, fuck it. Let it stand. Glad you like it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home